School Engagement Supervisor
Vacancy ID# 2290267729
The Remote School Attendance Strategy (RSAS) team are seeking a School Engagement Supervisor to lead the RSAS team and supervise School Engagement Officers to deliver its annual Community Attendance Plan and Daily Attendance activities. Encourage School Engagement Officers and develop their work skills, communication skills and confidence. Work with the local school to support them in offering a quality education to all students. Support families to be actively involved in their children1s education. Ensure parents and carers are made fully aware of their responsibilities and relevant laws relating to school attendance. Empowering families to be the centre of their children1s education. Promote positive attitudes towards education and school focusing on students, families and communities. Support families facing complex challenges by providing advice about available support services. Conduct Case Management, Family Support, Referrals and Home Visits to students and families to help and support get children to school every possible day. Deliver the RSAS school holiday program. Share good news stories with families, celebrate student success and promote the positive benefits of school. Engage the community in all aspects of designing and delivering RSAS activities. Foster positive and collaborative relationships between key stakeholders. Eligibility: obtain or hold a current Working with Children1s Check, National Police Clearance, Drivers Licence and must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test.
To Apply: submit a cover letter outlining your skills and experience, along with current resume. Job description available upon request.
CLOSING DATE: TBC
Any queries regarding this position, please contact
Elaine Hansen, 08 91911145 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please contact Winun Ngari Employment Service: I Phone: 91912569
I Email: email@example.com
POSITION TITLE: School Engagement Supervisor - Mentor
AWARD: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
JOB TYPE: Full-time; Permanent
JOB LEVEL: 4
REPORTS TO: School Engagement Manager
To work in the Remote School Attendance Strategy (RSAS) team and mentor School Engagement Officers
Ensuring children and young people have access to more opportunities through education.
• Supporting a school environment that is valued by the community and offers quality education.
• Empowering families to be the centre of their children's education.
• Enabling communities to take ownership of school attendance activities, including through decision making and goal setting.
This includes undertaking activities that:
• Lead the RSAS team and supervise SEOs to deliver its annual Community Attendance Plan and daily attendance activities.
• Encourage SEOs and develop their work skills, communication skills and confidence.
• Work with the local school to support them in offering a quality education to all students, which may include offering cultural knowledge, where appropriate, and facilitating relationships with Cultural Authorities and community leaders.
• Support students to have positive educational experiences at school, as well other high quality learning activities outside of school hours.
• Promote positive attitudes towards education and school (focusing on students, families and communities).
• Support families to be actively involved in their children's' education.
• Ensure parents and carers are made fully aware of their responsibilities and relevant laws relating to school attendance.
• Support families facing complex challenges by providing advice about available support services.
• Share good news with families, celebrate students success and promote the positive benefits of school.
• Engage the community in all aspects of designing and delivering RSAS activities.
• Foster positive and collaborative relationships between key stakeholders.
Reviewing attendance data to identify students who are not attending school regularly.
• Supervising, guiding and mentoring a team of School Attendance Officers (SEOs).
• Organising resources to assist SEOs to do their jobs.
• Collecting information and data to meet the reporting requirements of RSAS, with support from the RSAS Mentor/Coordinator if applicable.
• Leading and/or assisting with the development and implementation of strategies and activities in the Community Attendance Plan.
• Working with all key stakeholders to identify and address broader barriers to attendance.
• Supporting students and/or families dealing with complex issues, when referred by a SEO. Activities related to RSAS case coordination may be undertaken with support from a supervisor (eg RSAS Mentor/Coordinator) and may include:
conducting regular home visits and family follow-ups.
taking steps to identify and action practical solutions to barriers at attendance. 111 linking students/families to appropriate local services.
maintaining case coordination forms and records.
• Organising and/or participating in governance committee meetings or attendance-related meetings to support the outcomes of the RSAS.
• Displaying professionalism at all times when undertaking the role and providing leadership and positive role modelling to the community by supporting all school-aged children to attend school every day.
• Undertaking other duties commensurate to the level of the position that contribute to sustained and improved school attendance and enrolment.
• Good people skills, and ability to effectively communicate with students, parents, teachers, community leaders, external agencies and other support services.
• Strong stakeholder engagement skills, including the ability to bring people together and foster positive relationships between stakeholders.
• Good organisational and time management skills.
No previous experience required
• Knowledge and understanding of school administration systems (or willingness to learn).
• Strong cultural awareness and knowledge of local culture/s.
No formal qualifications required
• A respectful, positive attitude.
• Honesty and reliability.
• Being a good listener with a non-judgemental attitude and a wiliness to support people who may be experiencing complex social issues.
• Sense of fun and ability to work with young people.
• Strong links to the local community.
• Ability to work in a team and willingness to support the aims and principles of the RSAS.
• Ability to encourage, supervise and lead other team members.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
National Police Check
Pre-employment Drug & Alcohol Test